DMS Auto Care are an authorised RMS Inspection Station.
We also offer a Mobile E Safety Inspection Service for your car, motorbike, trailer or caravan ( under 4500gvm ). We can come to your residential or business address.
Generally, light vehicles more than five years old require a safety check (previously called a pink slip) before you can renew the registration.
Light vehicles include:
- Passenger cars
- Goods carrying vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Mass of 4.5 tonnes or less (without power-operated brakes)
- All motorcycles
- Trailers and caravans with an aggregate tare mass of 4.5 tonnes or less (including those fitted with breakaway brakes, but not including those fitted with air or vacuum braking systems)
Your registration renewal notice will state if your vehicle needs a safety check.
Once your vehicle has passed the safety check inspection, you can renew the registration.
Light vehicle safety check inspection reports are valid for six months (excluding public passenger vehicles). This means that you’ll need to use the report to renew registration within six months of having the safety check.
Vehicles not currently registered in NSW must have an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme (AUVIS) inspection (previously called a blue slip) before they can be registered. The inspection verifies the safety of an unregistered vehicle, while making sure it meets design and identity standards.
Your vehicle will need an AUVIS inspection if:
- The registration expired more than three months ago
- You’re bringing the vehicle into NSW from another Australian State or Territory, or another country
- The vehicle has no number plates
- The vehicle is a write-off that has been approved for re-registration.
An AUVIS inspection report is also required when:
- Adjusting vehicle registration records, for example because something about the vehicle has changed significantly, such as a new engine
- Clearing defect notices.
Validity of AUVIS inspection reports
AUVIS inspection reports are valid for 42 days from the date of inspection. This means that you’ll need to use the report to conduct a transaction with Roads and Maritime within 42 days of having the inspection.
Looking to renew your Registration online ? Click here to be taken directly to Service NSW